If you like Mexican food you are in for a treat today. I have one copy of the cookbook Muy Bueno to give away to one lucky blog reader. Muy Bueno is the recipe collection and collaborate work of my Denver blogger friend Yvette Marquez-Sharpnack, her sister Veronica Gonzalez-Smith, and their mother Evangelina Soza.
All three were born and raised in El Paso, Texas. They learned to cook from their grandmother and mother, Jesusita Mendias-Soza, whose hospitality and irresistible Mexican recipes were legendary among family and friends. They started the Muy Bueno Cookbook blog to celebrate and preserve their family’s special culinary heritage. The Muy Bueno cookbook brings to you a recipe collection of their family’s best Mexican comfort food.
I am featuring one recipe from the cookbook Muy Bueno for you today, potatoes with Mexican chorizo, which I served with pinto beans, some eggs, and a simple green salad as a tasty weeknight dinner the other day.
|Potatoes and Mexican Chorizo|| || |
- 5 Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed into ¼-inch cubes*
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- 10 ounces Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 cup shredded queso quesadilla cheese**
- Prehaet your oven to 350 F.
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Add 1½ Tablespoons of kosher salt and the cubed potatoes. Cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Crumble the chorizo into a casserole dish, cover with foil and bake in the oven until well done.
- Add the cooked potatoes to the chorizo dish and add ½ Tablespoon of salt. Mix gently until well combined.
- Top with shredded cheese and return the casserole dish back into the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with tostadas, mini sopes, warm corn and flour tortillas, or fill into gorditas.
Today you have the chance to win a copy of the cookbook Muy Bueno (value of $ 15.00) featuring some of the best Mexican recipes out there. Yvette gave me an extra copy to give to one of my US blog readers.
Muy Bueno Cookbook Giveaway:
1. Share this cookbook giveaway with your friends via the social media of your choice. Let me know in the comment section how you shared it and that you would like to win.
2. For a second entry leave a comment beneath this post and let me know how you follow my blog.
The giveaway will be open until Friday 4/12/2013 12.00 pm MST. The winner will be picked through random.org and announced on Saturday 4/13/2013.