Super easy to assemble, extremely tasty and in the oven in less than 10 minutes, do I need to say more? French yogurt cake with lemon and poppy seeds was the treat I baked this Sunday. I didn’t have much time on hand and lots of lemons in my fridge. This moist French yogurt cake with lemon and poppy seeds was a winner with my family and was gone way too quickly. I will have to double the recipe and bake two loafs next time which will definitely be very soon!
|French Yogurt Cake with Lemon and Poppy Seeds|| || |
- 1½ cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, I used only 1¾ teaspoon (High Altitude adjustment)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons (30 g) poppy seeds, slightly ground
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup plain (188 ml) whole milk yogurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) safflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon good vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon good lemon extract
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 F Convection.
- Grease a standard loaf pan with butter and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- Place lemon zest and sugar in a larger bowl. Rub the zest into the sugar with your fingers until well combined.
- Add yogurt, milk, oil, eggs, and both extracts to the sugar mixture and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Using a spatula fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones. Don't over-mix!
- Pour dough evenly into the prepared baking pan and bake for 40-55 mins. Baking times do vary. Make sure a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Invert onto wire rack and let cool completely.
- Dust with powered sugar before serving.
Adjusted from Bon Appetit.
Like to use poppy seeds in your recipes? Head over to Cooking Light for some new inspiration.