After looking at a head of red cabbage in my fridge for a few days I decided to use it in this healthy and easy to put together lunch of Ground Buffalo with Cabbage & Asparagus. I am a big fan of cabbage, probably the German :), and have a head of red or white on hand most of the time. In this dish of Ground Buffalo with Cabbage & Asparagus, it goes really well with the browned ground buffalo. I liked the asparagus for the additional splash of color. Isn’t this visually appealing dish? Well, I think so.
Give this dish of Ground Buffalo with Cabbage & Asparagus a try for lunch or dinner. Also, feel free to switch the vegetables to your liking. I personally like to add butternut squash or leek.
|Ground Buffalo with Cabbage & Asparagus|| |
- 4 ounces ( 113 g) buffalo/ bison, ground
- 1 cup (125 g) asparagus, cut into smaller pieces
- 3 cups (300 g) red cabbage, sliced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water or homemade chicken broth
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- balsamic vinegar, to taste*
- Brown meat in a bigger nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a plate and set aside for later.
- Add cabbage and asparagus to the skillet, add the water/ broth, close the skillet with a lid and steam the veggies until "al dente"(Don't overcook!), about 5 minutes. Cooking time might vary.
- Season with salt, pepper.
- Add the meat back to the skillet and season with garlic and onion powder.
- Adjust the taste with balsamic vinegar to your liking.
For MR the recipe contains 1 P = 4 ounces (113 g) raw buffalo, ground and 2 V = 4 cups of fresh veggies.
This recipe for Ground Buffalo with Cabbage & Asparagus can be used with the diets Metabolism Revolution/ Fast Metabolism Diet. For MR the recipe contains 1 P = 4 ounces (113 g) raw buffalo, ground and 2 V = 4 cups of fresh veggies.