In case you are in need of a quick and healthy lunch or dinner option, you have arrived. Carrot Spirals with Cashew Kale Pesto & Shrimp are a very tasty dish. It is light and fresh but very filling.
You could substitute zucchini for the carrots and omit the shrimp for a lovely vegan meal.
I would recommend making your pesto from scratch, but you could also use a store bought pesto in a pinch. I personally enjoy Trader Joe’s vegan kale pesto.
|Carrot Spirals with Cashew Kale Pesto|| || |
- 1½ cups (110 g) organic kale, leaves stems removed
- ½ cup organic basil, fresh ( about 20 leaves)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup (120 ml) organic avocado oil
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) organic lemon juice, fresh
- ¼ cup (30 g) organic cashews, raw
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Carrots: (for one portion of vegetables on Metabolism Revolution Diet)
- 2 cups (250 g) organic carrots = 8.8 ounces in weight, carrots, spiralized
- 2.5 ounces (71 g) wild-caught shrimp, cooked (= 4 ounces, raw)
- Place all the pesto ingredients into a smaller food processor.
- Pulse until all ingredients are well combined and you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Steam spiralized carrots with a little bit of water in a medium-sized pot until "al dente".
- Heat the shrimp.
- Serve spiralized carrots with ⅕ of the pesto, about 2 Tbsp. 2 tsp. (40 ml) of cashew kale pesto sauce and shrimp.*
⅕ of the pesto recipe, about 2 Tbsp. 2tsp. (40 ml) Cashew Kale Pesto = 1 HF
2 cups (250 g) Carrots Spirals = 1 V
2.5 ounces (71 g) cooked shrimp (4 ounces raw) = 1 P
The whole cashew kale pesto recipe yields 5 servings.
This recipe for Carrot Spirals with Cashew Kale Pesto & Shrimp can be used with the diet Metabolism Revolution. Plan B: 1/5 of the pesto recipe, about 2 Tbsp. 2tsp. (40 ml) Cashew Kale Pesto = 1 HF, 2 cups (250 g ) Spiralized Carrots = 1 V, 2.5 ounces (71 g) cooked shrimp (4 ounces, raw) = 1 P.
In case you are in search for a good spiralizer. I own the OXO spiralizer and really like it.