Are you a cake fan? So am I. BUT, sometimes I need to find a healthier option to satisfy my sweet tooth. These Almond Cacao Cupcakes with Carrots fit the bill perfectly.
The recipe for these Almond Cacao Cupcakes with Carrots substitutes almond butter for the dairy option, almond meal for wheat flour, and a healthy sweetener for sugar. The cupcakes are moist due to the addition of the carrots and keep or freeze very well. I like to treat myself to two as a healthy afternoon snack. Give these Almond Cacao Cupcakes with Carrots a try. I am sure they will quickly become one of your favorite sweet treats, too.
|Almond Cacao Cupcakes with Carrots|| |
- 4 Tbsp. (30 g) organic almond meal
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) baking soda
- ⅓ cup (32 g) raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup ( 53 g) raw cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp. (17 g) raw almonds, chopped
- 2 organic eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. (5 ml) vanilla extract, alcohol-free
- 1 Tbsp. (5 ml) water
- ¾ cup (144 g) Xylitol*
- ¾ cup (192 g) raw almond butter
- 2 cups (200 g) carrots, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 F Convection.
- Mix almond meal, baking soda, cacao powder, cacao nibs, and chopped almonds. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, vanilla extract, water, and sweetener. Mix well.
- Add almond butter to the egg mixture. You can use an electric mixer or stir by hand.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir carrots into the dough mixture until well combined.
- Divide dough equally into 16 smaller muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Baking times may vary.
2 Almond Cacao Cupcakes with Carrots can be used as a snack in the Fast Metabolism Diet.
(2 cupcakes = 1 HF for <20 pounds)
Comments on this entry are closed.