This allspice date and almond granola brought a fresh taste to my mornings. I really like the crunch of the almonds and oatmeal combined with the softness of the date and the sweetness of the honey. You can also taste the toasted coconut which goes remarkably well with the cinnamon and allspice.
The double batch I made last Tuesday is already gone. I really don’t know how it could have vanished that quickly. I guess the people in this house must really like it.
Thank you neighbors for the delectable dates!
|Allspice Date Almond Granola|| |
- 2 cups (160g) old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup (90g) sliced almonds
- ½ cup (180 g) sweetened flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup (packed, 70 g)) brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick, 57g) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
- 1 cup (packed, (160 g)) pitted dates, each cut crosswise into thirds
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter with honey in heavy small saucepan over low heat. Pour over granola mixture and toss well. Spread out mixture on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add dates; mix to separate any clumps. Continue to bake until granola is golden brown, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes longer. Cool.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Inspired by epicurious.com.