It snowed last weekend. Yes, winter arrived earlier than usually. Can you believe it? I hope this doesn’t lead us into lots of cold weather down the road since I am not up for it yet. I mean, I am really never up for it, except that I need some snow to enjoy my time on the slopes.
Today, another day back in the high 60′s with sunshine, so hey, let’s start the grill, right? I barbequed a nice pork tenderloin and needed a good salad along side. This is what I came up with.
A crunchy red cabbage kohlrabi salad dressed with an Asian inspired spicy peanut butter flavored sauce. Fresh and healthy!
|Spicy Red Cabbage Kohlrabi Salad|| |
- 1 medium head red cabbage, sliced
- 1 kohlrabi, sliced
- 4 oz. (113 g) radish sprouts
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- for the dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) grape seed jalapeno pepper oil
- 1½ Tablespoons (22.5 ml) soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) rice vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing until well combined. Set aside.
- Mix cabbage, kohlrabi, sprouts, and peanuts with the dressing. Serve immediately.