Are you looking for an irresistible appetizer idea to serve with some drinks for your Holiday get together?
Serve some hot Spanish paprika spiced nuts covered with maple syrup, rosemary and sprinkled with salt. This is a very addictive snack. You may want to double the recipe, just in case!
This sweet and spicy rosemary nut mixture would also make a thoughtful little hostess gift.
* 3 cups (450 g) almonds, whole
* 2 cups (200 g) walnuts, whole
* 2 cups (200 g) pecans, whole
* 1/3 cup (80 ml) organic maple syrup
* 1/4 cup (45 g) light brown sugar
* 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) orange juice, freshly squeezed
* 2 Tablespoons hot Spanish paprika powder
* 4 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
* 4 teaspoons kosher salt
Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with silicon pad.
In a big bowl mix nuts, maple syrup, sugar, orange juice, paprika, 2 Tablespoons rosemary and 2 teaspoons of salt until well combined.
Spread mixture in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Stir nut mixture twice while baking.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and mix in the remaining two tablespoons of rosemary and two teaspoons of salt. Let cool and store in air tight container until serving.
Inspired by Ina Garten.