Welcome to a New Year of mouthwatering recipe ideas at “My German Kitchen..in the Rockies”. Hope you all had a good start into 2012.
Here are my very best wishes to you my friends and readers with a fresh and healthy orange-spinach-arugula salad. The salad is served with tasty apricot vinaigrette and topped with toasted crunchy hazelnuts.
Hope you enjoy this orange-spinach-arugula salad as much as I did. It is outstanding!
Prep time: 15 min.
Total time: 15 min.
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) organic apricot preserve
- 1 organic fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) organic extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 5-6 cups organic spinach-arugula sald mix
- 1organic orange, pelled, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red onion, small, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Whisk marmalade, lemon juice and olive oil in a smaller bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a big salad bowl mix the greens and onions with the oranges and the vinaigrette. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
I would like to send some special thanks to my food blogger friend Karen from “Savoury Table” for the gorgeous spoons you see in the pictures. I just love them! Karen gave them to me as an early Christmas present. Thanks so much foodie friend.
The recipe is adapted from foodnetwork.com.