This toasted walnut banana bread has been one of our favorite quick bread recipes for many years. My family loves this moist banana bread with the crunchy walnuts. I always double the recipe since the bread just seams to vanish as soon as I get it out of the oven.
|Toasted Walnut Banana Bread||
- 1¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temp.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled, and mashed with a fork (about 1 cup, 250 ml))
- ½ cup toasted walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar for about 4 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time into the butter while mixing until incorporated. Add the bananas (the mixture will appear to be curdled, so don’t worry), and remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Set mixer on low and slowly add the flour mixture until well incorporated. Don’t over mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in the center of the preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to cool on a wired rack.
I you haven’t participated in last week’s OXO Scale giveaway, please do so. The giveaway will be open until this coming Friday. Please, follow this link to enter.