Time is flying these days and the weather is demanding summer grilling.
Indian style chicken skewers are perfect for the task. They are easy to prepare ahead and grilled in just a few minutes. No need for a tandoori oven, your barbeque is just fine.
Marinate the chicken in yogurt that is flavored with ginger, garlic, cumin and coriander. Then thread the chicken on wooden skewers and you are almost ready to serve these grilled tandoori chicken skewers as an appetizer to your guests or as a quick dinner for your family alongside some spicy peanut sauce.
A family favorite at my house. Happy Grilling!
|Grilled Tandoori Chicken Skewers||
- 4 organic chicken breasts, cut into smaller strips
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1½ Tablespoon water
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 large garlic gloves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- vegetable oil for the grill
- skewers, soaked in water
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Mix lemon juice, water, salt and turmeric. Add the chicken strips and coat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix yogurt, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin and cayenne. Add to the lemon chicken mix and stir well. Let sit for another 10 minutes.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers and oil the grill.
- Cook the chicken skewers from both sides for about 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Don’t overcook!
Adapted from Food & Wine.