A cooler and rainy summer day always calls for some baking. Today my decision fell on this easy to prepare zucchini bread with big chocolate chunks. I really like the addition of the coconut oil which turns this delicious moist bread into a somehow healthier treat.
You can bake this zucchini bread in a bigger Bundt pan or divide it into two loaf pans.
|Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Coconut Oil|| || |
- 1½ cups (189 g) all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups (180 g) whole wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups (300 g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 ounces (170 g) bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 2 cups (500 ml) shredded zucchini
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml or 233 g) coconut oil, warmed so it is liquid
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Grease two loaf pans or one bigger bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, salt, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and chocolate.
- In another bowl mix water, vanilla, eggs, oil, and coconut oil.
- Mix in the zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Don't over mix!
- Transfer batter into prepared pan(s) and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Baking times may vary.
- Cool bread in the pan(s) for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.