Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect meal to warm you up on a cold snowy spring night. This soup is not only reserved to be made in the fall I think. My Roasted Butternut Squash Soup gets its special taste through the addition of coriander and cinnamon. I personally found it very tasty and filling.Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
The recipe for this Roasted Butternut Squash Soup works perfectly for a dinner or lunch for P2, Plan B (1P, 2 V, 1 HF) of the diet Metabolism Revolution. Serving size of the recipe is 2 portions.
|Butternut Squash Soup|| |
- 8 cups (907 g) fresh organic butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup (150 g) organic onion, chopped
- 3 stalks ( 130 g) organic celery, chopped
- 3 cloves organic garlic, chopped
- 4 Tblsp. organic coconut oil
- 1½ cups (240 g) organic canned white beans, rinsed
- 1½ tsp. coriander
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cups chicken broth, homemade
- Preheat your oven to 400 F Convection.
- Place all your veggies (besides the beans) on a big baking sheet.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Add coconut oil.
- Roast for about 40 mins. (Roasting times may vary.)
- Add roasted veggies, beans, coriander, cinnamon sticks, and chicken broth to a big pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Puree the soup in a food processor or with a stick blender.
- (Adjust seasonings (salt/ pepper) to your liking.