Would you believe that these Raw Cacao Black Bean Truffles are a part of a diet plan? A vegan treat that is sweet but contains all the healthy fats and proteins recommended for a yummy snack. Make sure to double the recipe to enjoy another tasty treat the following day!
This recipe is part of the diet Metabolism Revolution/ Fast Metabolism Revolution. You could substitute any MR allowed nut and seed butter (from raw nuts and seeds only) for the coconut oil. The measurement per recipe would also be 2 Tablespoons.
|Raw Cacao Black Bean Truffles|| |
- ¾ cup (125 g) organic canned black beans (or lentils), rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. (28 g) organic firm coconut oil, liquified*
- 2 Tbsp. (12 g) raw organic cacao
- 1 Tbsp. (10 g) raw organic cacao nibs
- organic monk fruit to taste
- Blend beans, coconut oil, cacao powder, and monk fruit in a food processor until well combined.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse just a few more times to incorporate them (you want to avoid to blend them in completely).
- Wrap the finished dough into plastic wrap and let cool/set in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- Divide cooled dough into eight equal parts and roll them into round balls.
- Dust with some raw cacao powder.
Cook time is the amount of "cooling time" for this recipe.
* should coconut oil be firm heat in microwave for a few seconds to liquify
There is a big difference in cacaos on the market which vary widely in taste (Hershey is very bitter). I like to use Navitas cacao products for this recipe. They are organic, raw, and taste great!
Original recipe found at The Clever Spoon.
Comments on this entry are closed.