Fresh green asparagus is one of my most favorite spring time vegetables, preferably roasted, since it gives an extra flavor boost to the asparagus.
Here I am serving the roasted asparagus with vinaigrette made out of pomegranate molasses, aged balsamic vinegar and a good organic olive oil. A healthy and quick side dish that goes impeccably well with grilled chicken or steak.
Serves 4 to 6.
* 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses*
* 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
* 3 tablespoons organic olive oil
* 2.25 pounds green asparagus
* olive oil
* pepper and salt
Preheat oven to 400 F Convection.
Place washed and trimmed asparagus on baking sheet. Sprinkle with oil and seson with pepper and salt. Roast for 12 minutes.
Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a clean marmalade glass. Tighten the lid and shake until mixed well.
Place asparagus on serving platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.
* Purchase pomegranate molasses at Indian markets or head over to Simply Recipes for a recipe to make your own. Click here.
You may also enjoy some of my previously posted asparagus recipes: