Healthy, delicious and irresistible, that’s what I thought when I purchased these fantastic looking salmon steaks. They were calling me from the display counter at my local health food store. I just couldn’t pass them up. Yes, they were approved by my sea food guide, no worries there. Served with a savory and sweet balsamic glaze it was a dish combined in heaven.
This is a keeper recipe you should absolutely prepare for your family and friends. Don’t miss out!
|Salmon with Balsamic Glaze||
- 4 salmon steaks, at room temp.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup (180 ml) good balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- Heat a griddle to 375 F. Baste with oil.
- In a smaller pan, heat vinegar, syrup, mustard and garlic. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for about 12 minutes. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle salmon steaks with olive oil and season with pepper and salt.
- Cook salmon on heated griddle for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Let rest for 6 – 10 minutes.
- Plate salmon and drizzle with glaze.
Adapted form foodnetwork.com.