I am a huge fan of the photographer Penny de los Santos. For me words can’t describe what she creates and puts into a picture. Her stunning food photography has inspired me since I saw her work for the very first time.
Needless to say that I would like to eat any food related item she captures with her camera. This also happened this morning while I was on the search for a healthy breakfast and I stumbled over a picture on Pinterest she created featuring savory oatmeal, sharp cheddar and an egg. Penny calls the dish sexed up savory oats.
The breakfast decision was made right away and here is my recreation of Penny’s sexed up savory oats. Enjoy!
|Penny's Sexed Up Savory Oats|| || |
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 organic egg
- 2 Tablespoons (or more) shredded sharp cheddar (I used Comté)
- good organic olive oil
- flaked salt
- freshly grind pepper
- Bring water to a boil and add oat meal. Cook until done, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime fry the egg in a pan.
- Season oatmeal with salt, pepper and olive oil to your liking.
- Transfer oatmeal to a bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and top with the egg.