Kahlua chocolate cake must have been invented for serious chocoholics. It has three times the chocolate; chocolate chips, baking mix and chocolate pudding.
This Kahlua chocolate cake has been a kitchen staple for many years at our house . It is super moist, keeps well and can be prepared a few days in advance. It is also the easiest and quickest cake you will ever bake. It is one of Mr. Rockies absolute favorite treats and always a big hit at any potluck.
I have to admit that this Kahlua chocolate cake is prepared with a box cake mix which is completely against all my food and baking from scratch principals. I do feel bad about it. Yes, I really do, but it is just so damn good. I can’t fight this one.
|Kahlua Chocolate Cake|| || |
- 1 box Devil's food cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 small box Jello instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Kahlua
- 1 pint sour cream
- 6 ounces small chocolate chips, (big ones will sink)
- Preheat oven to 350 F Convection. Grease a spring bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- Mix cake mix and pudding in a bigger bowl. Set aside.
- With a hand held electric mixer combine eggs, oil, Kahlua and sour cream.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dried mixture. Beat with electric mixer for about 2 minutes until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Transfer dough evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes in preheated oven or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean.