There are lots of great cookie recipes out there, but some stand out from the crowd. These brown sugar cookies with ginger are one of the best with their crunchy outside and the chewy center. The little taste of cinnamon and ginger is just right, not too overwhelming. They were baked by my daughter this week, while she had a day off from school.
Don’t look any further; these brown sugar cookies with ginger are a winner recipe. I hope you will enjoy them us much as we did. Have a great weekend and Happy Baking!
|Brown Sugar Cookies with Ginger||
- 1½ sticks (6 ounces, 170 g) unsalted organic butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups (250 g) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 cups (240 g) organic all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Line two baking sheets with silicon pads or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment mix together butter and brown sugar, about 6 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Distribute tablespoon sized dough drops onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart..
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack for a chewier cookie or on the baking sheet for a crunchier version.
Adapted from Leite’s Culinaria .