I just can’t resist any baked goodie that involves streusel. Streusel in the crust AND the topping makes for a double winner in these Huckleberry streusel bars. My daughter mentioned that they remind her a lot of Linzertorte, a traditional German cake, but the nuts in the cake are replaced with oats. Cinnamon and the jam, (feel free to use any jam you like!) make for a dreamy flavor combination. These bars are super quick to assemble, and destined to be a huge hit at your house. I baked theses Huckleberry streusel bars already twice last week after discovering them over at Jenna’s blog – eat, live, run.
|Huckleberry Streusel Bars|| || |
- ¾ cup (155 g) organic brown sugar
- 1½ cup (150 g) old fashioned oats
- 1½ cup (180 g) organic flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (170 g) cold unsalted organic butter, cut into very small pieces
- 1 cup (290 g) Huckleberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 350 F, I use Convection. Grease a 9x13" baking pan with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bigger bowl mix all the dry ingredients (except the butter) very well.
- Add the butter and mix it in with your fingers until the dough gets crumbly and all the butter is worked in very nicely.
- Set ⅔ cup of streusel mixture aside.
- Press the remaining mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Spread the jam evenly on top.
- Sprinkle the reserved streusel evenly over the jam.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (mine was done in 37 minutes).
- Let cool in the pan for about 30 minutes.
- Cut baked good into bars.
- Store in air tight container.
Adapted from Jenna @ eatliverun.com.