Are you still looking for a tasty treat to serve to your guests on the 4th of July? No need to search any further. These Butterscotch Blondies will be the perfect dessert. They are super easy to prepare, keep, and even travel well and are sure to be a huge hit! My family gave them a big thumbs up. We especially loved the crunchy outside, gooey center, and the perfect hint of butterscotch .
|Butterscotch Blondies|| |
- 2 cups (255 g or 9 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups (520 g) firmly packed light brown sugar, (I only used 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoon (142 g) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Place butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Pour into a small bowl, and cool 10 minutes.
- Combine butter and eggs with a mixer.
- Pour butter mixture over flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan and smooth top with spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into 24 squares.
Adapted from Cooking Light.