St. Patrick’s Day is fast arriving and my contribution would be an organic collard-cauliflower soup with the brightest green color you have ever seen. It is just gorgeous to look at. I added some extra heat through using grape seed jalapeno oil in the topping.
This velvety collard-cauliflower soup is probably not a traditional Irish dish, but would still be a healthy lunch or appetizer to share this upcoming Saturday for all Irish-Americans in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. Enjoy!
|Organic Collard-Cauliflower Soup||
- 2 Tablespoons (15 ml) coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (12ounces, 340 g) organic broccoli stem, chopped
- 1 medium organic cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bundle (12 ounces, 340 g) organic collards
- 6 cups chicken broth (I use water and organic chicken base, use vegetable base for vegetarian version)
- sunflower seeds
- grape-seed jalapeno oil
- In a bigger pot brown the onions in the coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower, cook for about 4 minutes.
- Mix in the collards and chicken broth. Cook until all veggies are done.
- Puree the soup with a stick blender.
- Ladle the soup in bowls and sprinkle with jalapeno oil and sunflower seeds.
Adapted from Martha Stewart.com.