Happy Easter form my kitchen to yours with this moist and irresistible carrot cake. I hope you will have an enjoyable Easter weekend with your family and friends.
My dessert suggestion for your Easter buffet would be a homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. This carrot cake gets enriched with walnuts, golden raisins, and coconut flakes. The little carrots for the decoration are handmade by my kids with marzipan and food coloring. Aren’t they adorable?
My family LOVES this carrot cake and by the time the 9×13 inch cake was ready for frosting just a 9×9 size remained since everybody had to have just a little nibble beforehand.
Enjoy and Happy Easter!
|Carrot Cake|| || |
- 1 cup (70 g) coconut flakes, sweetened
- 1 cup (110 g) walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup (90 g) golden raisins
- 3 cups (425 g) carrots, grated
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons (255 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) canola oil
- 1½ cup (300 g) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces (225 g) cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 stick (113 g) unsalted butter, at room temp.
- ½ pound (225 g) confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Mix coconut, walnuts, raisins and carrots. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attached combine the oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Don't forget to scrape the bowl.
- With the mixer on low slowly add the flour mixture. Don't over mix.
- Add the carrot mixture to the batter. Combine well.
- Transfer batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes.
- Let cool for applying the frosting.
- For the frosting mix cream cheese, lemon extract, and butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the sugar and beat the frosting until smooth.
- Decorate the frosted cake with handmade marzipan carrots.